Egan Warming Center Fundraiser
This fundraiser will help to buy more socks, underwear, supplemental supplies, sleeping bags, tents and tarps. The most tangible upgrades are in the food supply and upgrading what can be offered -- more vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheese, meat at night for sandwiches, stews.
Scrubs are supplied to the guests to change into and wear while their clothes and blankets are being dried. If enough funds come in; they would like to purchase some large commercial dryers to wash clothes and sleeping bags. "Shelter People have a lot of them."
The shelter on very cold nights have had up to 175 people each night. Plus 5 Churches were open, also. That's a lot of beds to offer, mouths to feed and volunteers to cover the delivery of the meals, bedding and providing security. I don't know if the churches are reimbursed for energy and janitorial costs.
Last season served 926 unique individuals, 5850 meals. The volunteers donated 12,135.9 hours. We need your gift of sharing!
199 W. Eighth St.
Eugene, OR 97401
More Event Ideas
- More Food and Drink Events
- Wednesday, Mar 12, 11:30 AM
- Left Coast Cellars Wine Dinner at The Campbell House (Eugene) at Tour starting point: Campbell House Inn & RestaurantThursday, Apr 17, 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 13, 6:00 PM
- More Events at Cozmic Pizza
- Monday, Mar 24, 7:00 PM
- Liquid Assassin - TNC 9ER - Ugly Kidd - TayQuiz - GRAVESIGHT - (AK- A) AreaKode- Assassinz at Cozmic PizzaMonday, Mar 24, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Mar 15, 8:00 PM